My husband’s co-worker and friend was recently diagnosed with cancer.
It was devastating news. We couldn’t even imagine the hopelessness he had to be feeling.
We felt so helpless. When a friend is hurting so much it’s hard to know what to do.
Get Well Gift Basket
We decided to put together a basket of goodies for him in hopes that it might help him get through the dark days ahead.
Get well gifts can be kind of hard to put together but with the help of some others from my husband’s work, we put together this basket filled with gifts that offered encouragement, humor, friendship, comfort, faith, and hope.
Here’s what we included in our basket:
- Laughter Really is the Best Medicine by Reader’s Digest
- A Battle Won by S. Thomas Russell
- The Gerson Therapy by Charlotte Gerson and Morton Walker
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- The Gerson Miracle
- A Day in the Budwig Diet
- Dried Blueberries by Just Tomatoes, Etc
- Dried Cherries, Dried Blueberries, and Pumpkin Seeds by Eden
- Alkaline 9.5ph water bottle by Essentia
- Organic Apple Chips by Bare Fruit
- Himalania Natural Goji Berries
- Pau d’Arco tea by Traditional Medicinals
- John Wayne mug with quote – “Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.”
- Nourish Organic Body Lotion
- Nourish Organic Body Wash
- Daily Advantage Multi-Nutrient vitamin supplement
- Vitamin D3
- Quilted Micro Mink Sherpa throw
We also added a get well card from us as well as one signed by the entire office.
We were able to deliver the basket right to his hospital room. It brought a smile to his face and it gave him comfort knowing he has the support of friends during this difficult time.