Scroll down to the bottom of this post for a free printable!
In my last post you may remember me mentioning the We Choose Virtues cards I was reviewing.
Well, we are still using these cards and my favorite card to focus on continues to be the Kindness Virtue.
The tip on this kindness card, which I have found to be very effective, is, “Every time a mean word is said or action is done, say or do 5 kind things to cancel it out.” Because we found that 5 kind things was a little too much, we narrowed it down to 3 kind things.
A problem came about when the kids were trying to think of kind things to do for each other. They were out of ideas and when they came to me for help, I was out of suggestions.
Siblings are somewhat limited in what they can do for each other. My kids began choosing to do the same kinds of acts to do over and over again, until it became a meaningless routine.
We needed some fresh exciting new ideas!
I sat down and racked my brain to come up with some creative things the kids could do for each other.
And here they are!
32 Acts of Kindness for Siblings
1. Give him a loving hug.
2. Draw her a special picture.
3. Handwrite her a kind note.
4. Make him a snack.
5. Read a story to her.
6. Pick-up his toys.
7. Share a favorite toy.
8. Play a game with her.
9. Say a prayer for him.
10. Do one of her chores.
11. Make his bed.
12. Clear his dishes.
13. Help her fix her hair.
14. Help him with his homework.
15. Teach her something new.
16. Take her exploring in the backyard.
17. Vacuum or sweep his room.
18. Work a puzzle together.
19. Color together with her.
20. Bring her a cup of water.
21. Pick flowers for her.
22. Give him a foot rub.
23. Create something for her.
24. Tell Him 3 reasons he’s special.
25. Listen to His Favorite CD.
26. Give up your seat for her.
27. Let Him go first at something.
28. Play her favorite toys with her.
29. Give Her a special gift.
30. Write her a Poem.
31. Give Him 15 min of your time.
32. Scratch his back.
I printed this out and put it on my fridge. You can too!